Sunday, November 18, 2012

International Makeup Artist Tradeshow 2012


Helloe Everyone,


I hope all of you had a good weekend! I started off my weekend by going to IMATS early Saturday morning with my wonderful sister in law. We both had an amazing time looking at all the exhibitors that came. My all time favourite moment was meeting beauty blogger/ youtube guru Lauren who is better known as QueenofblendingMUA (picture below). She was so sweet and down to earth it was a pleasure meeting her.



I also attended a Makeup Forever class where their makeup artist did an hour long demonstration and explanation on High Definition Makeup. There were so many great tips that were shared that I will have to do a separate blog post JUST on that.

So now on to all the goodies that I picked up at IMATS that I was super excited about:

Naked cosmetics had an amazing deal with their pigments. I managed to grab one which was $30 its the Broadway collection and the retails is $60! I purchased their eyeshadow base as well for $10 which the lady at the booth told me that when used under the pigments it turns them to a more mate finish (swatches below)


The swatches on the left are with the eyeshadow matte base underneath and the ones on the right are without it

The next stop was Pari Beauty. They had a few good things but I picked up 5 eyeshadows in their pan for a really good discounted price.(swatches below)


I also wanted to get Kryolan cake liners. I got two one in white and one in dark blue. They are meant to be used wet and their colour pay off is amazing. The lady at the booth was doing free hand makeup and so we decided to give it a try (pics below)



My ultimate excitement was to get my hand on some lip tars from Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics. I got three of their new lip tars that are not for sale yet on their website and the swatches are below. The picture of me above is wearing Yaoi! 

The colours from left to right are: Yaoi, Super NSFW, and Authentic.

Then last but not least I got some other goodies from vendors that I have not heard of before but they had some awesome deals. The brushes below are from Royal & Langnickel. They are super soft and good quality the brushes were all ranged from $1.50-$12. I really wanted to check out crown brushes but they were really not the greatest quality once I actually tested them out. Im happy with my purchases!

The stencils that I got are more for air brush purposes they were really cool ones but I only picked up two they were $4 each and we got a freebie aswell :) I also got faux flesh and fake blood which I can not wait to experiment with. Check out more pictures on my facebook page of the event.


  


No comments:

Post a Comment