Saturday, May 19, 2012

DIY: So Clutch!

Hey Guys,

I was really bored a few days ago so I decided to clean up my jewellery drawer (don't judge its fun for me :D ), Anyways I had a wicked idea and I thought I would share it with you guys,

What you will need: A flat screw driver, hot glue gun, pliers, and a sephora bag or any type of string/ribbon you have in the house! (you only need the handles that you use to hold the sephora bag up), and old bracelet + necklace and a clutch

 I bought this bracelet set from forever21for like $4.50 a while back and everytime I wore the bunch there was one bracelet that would ALWAYS get caught on to my hijaab and my clothing and rip the threads out!

(Exibit A: on the bottom! it would always twist over on itsself and was SO ANNOYING!)





So I pulled back the ends that were holding the gems in with a screwdriver and kept all the gems and threw the metal bracelet away (be careful its kind of dangerous with the left over spikes that stick out) I also had a necklace with two leaves that fell off (I used the pliers to straighten them out to lay flat on the clutch to make it easier to glue down)






Just lay the design first on the clutch and hot glue everything down, the black string is from the sephora bag (trust me I used whatever I had laying around) and now that pastels are in this season I can actually rock this clutch with my outfits!


I hope you enjoyed this blog post! and good luck, happy cleaning and decorating ;)


1 comment: